CBD Dosing Guide
Whether you're using CBD Oil under the tongue (sublingual), in capsule form, in cream form or even using CBD for your pet, you're going to need to know how much to use.
The following information is intended to serve as a starting point of reference. This is not medical advice, and with CBD Oil, as with any new supplement or over-the-counter agent, make sure to speak to your doctor before starting. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, cure, prevent, or treat any disease.
It's important to note with cannabinoid dosing:
Everyone Is Different.
There are countless variables such as weight, diet, metabolism, genetics, environment, product consistency, and more that play a factor in determining dose. With person-to-person variability in mind, we aim to offer guidance for the safest and most effective use of this product, personalized to you!
Given these factors, most people who are new to cannabidiol begin their journey by starting with the minimal suggested CBD dosage on any product, then gradually increasing the dose until they achieve the desired results.
How Much CBD Oil Should I Take?
When starting any new product routine, it is suggested you start low and go slow. You are aiming for the dose that works best for you, and achieves your goals. Starting at a low dose and gradually increasing allows you time to see the effects of CBD on your body, and get to a place where you feel happiest, and healthiest!
It can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours after use for the effects of CBD to appear, depending on serving size and method of application. Typically, agents that are absorbed faster, will have a quicker onset of action.
We recommend starting by taking CBD at night until you know how it will affect you.
Liquid CBD Oil/Tinctures: Drops or tinctures should have a “suggested serving size” and the total milligrams of CBD listed on their packaging. From there, you can determine the amount of CBD you would like to take. Simply place the correct quantity of drops under your tongue using the dropper and hold the CBD oil in place for a minimum of 60 seconds. The 60 second hold allows for absorption via the blood vessels underneath your tongue – efficiently bypassing first-pass metabolism. Once 60 seconds has passed, swallow the CBD oil.
CBD Capsules: Capsules do not need to be held under the tongue. We always recommend dosing any CBD products after you eat food, especially with fatty foods like milk, nuts, yogurt, etc. When you have food in your stomach, the fatty acids act as a binding agent, increasing the solvency and absorption.
Starting Dose Guide for Carolina CBD Pharmacy products:
The recommended Carolina CBD Pharmacy Serving Standard is an initial 10mg of CBD, taken twice daily.
Oil/Tinctures - our droppers are calibrated, offering visible units of measurement to help you dose easier!
- 300mg - Full Spectrum CBD Oil- Start out with one (1) dropperful, once or twice daily.
- 600mg - Full Spectrum CBD Oil- Start out with half (0.5) of a dropperful, once or twice daily.
- 1,200mg - Full Spectrum CBD Oil- Start out with a quarter (0.25) of a dropperful, once or twice daily.
- 300mg - Isolate CBD Oil- Start out with one (1) dropperful, once or twice daily.
- 600mg - Isolate CBD Oil- Start out with half to one (0.5 to 1) dropperful, once or twice daily.
- 10mg - Isolate CBD Capsules- Start out with one to two (1 to 2) capsules by mouth once or twice daily
- 25mg - Full Spectrum CBD Capsules- Start out with 1 (one) capsule by mouth once or twice daily.
- 10mg - Full Spectrum CBD Capsules (Turmeric)- Start out with 1-2 (one to two) capsules by mouth once or twice daily.
- 10mg - Full Spectrum CBD Capsules (Green Tea)- Start out with 1-2 (one to two) capsules by mouth once or twice daily.
- 10mg - Full Spectrum CBD Capsules (Melatonin)- Start out with 1-2 (one to two) capsules by mouth at least two hours before bedtime. The melatonin CBD capsules can make you sleepy, so we don't recommend you driving or taking them in the morning.
 Zhornitsky S, Potvin S. Cannabidiol in humans-the quest for therapeutic targets. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2012;5(5):529–552. Published 2012 May 21. doi:10.3390/ph5050529
Carolina CBD, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina